frequently asked questions
Have questions about The SBL? We've got all the answers you need.
The season will consist of a 8 game regular season plus a single elimination playoff tournament at the end of the season. Teams can end up playing anywhere between 9-11 games depending on how far they advance in playoffs.
A more detailed timeline will be provided as we get closer to the season, but here is a General Timeline of Events:
- Player evaluations will be held, coach assignments will be made, and team rosters will be finalized.
- Team practices will begin as determined by each team coach.
- Player clinics and special training opportunities will be held
- Coach clinics and game planning opportunities will be held
- Team uniforms will be distributed
- Games begin! Initial games will be used to evaluate teams and place them in the proper division for parity and leveled competition.
- Seeding becomes finalized as teams finish league games
- Playoffs begin!
- Finals begin!
- All Star selections and game will be announced
Practice scheduling will be at the discretion of each volunteer coach. We strongly recommend that each team practice at least once per week starting after teams are finalized in October.
We will avoid scheduling games on Holiday weekends, so no games will be scheduled on the weekends of Thanksgiving (Nov. 26-27), Christmas (Dec. 25-26), or New Years (Jan. 1-2).
Up to 10 players can join a team but most teams will average out to have 9. Coaches can request and get approval for more than 10 if necessary. (i.e., how many players/ team can join)
NO EXTRA FEES. Everything is included in registration fee.
August 20, 2022
Individual player registration is $225, Full Team fee with no uniforms is $1025.
• 7 regular season games
• End-of-season, single-elimination playoff (guarantee of at least one playoff game)
• Pre-Season Skills Development Session with Genesis Hoops Professional Skills Trainers
• REAL highly trained referees at each game at each grade level
• Indoor Games and Amenities
• High Quality SBL league uniform
• Team Snap app access for simple league updates and communications
YES!!! Contact Us if you have any questions. Or just register on the registration page.
It is easy, simply register to coach on the coach registration form (select the coach registration, no fee). Then have the players register under the normal player registration. They will pay $225 each during the registration process.
Once the players and coach are all registered the commissioner will create a team in the system and add all the players and coach to the roster. The team roster will be visible on the app and the team page on the website. Practice and game schedules will be visible in the app and team page when they become available. On the registration forms there will be a field for players and coaches to make requests to help us match up players and coaches.
All games are held in local Murrieta and Temecula gym facilities including some of the schools and sites listed below (additional sites may be added based on demand/availability):
Murrieta Mesa High School
Vista Murrieta High School
Rancho Sports Center, Temecula
NO FEES. No parking fees and no entrance fees.
Yes, coaches can choose to have family and friends on their roster. There will be a place on the registration form to request specific players.
The SBL strives to not conflict with major sports in the local area, but sometimes it is unavoidable. In the Winter most games will be Saturdays, so plenty of time for other sports! We do take schedule requests from Coaches, to help eliminate conflicts, but we cannot make any guarantees.
Saturdays are game days. Exact games times and locations will become available starting in November.
To register, pay the team fee (no uniforms) by clicking on the Coach + Full Team registration and follow the prompts.
Register for the grade your child is in, as of September 2022.
TeamSnap is the leading provider of online registration and web design for youth sports clubs and organizations. Once you register with the SBL and the season starts, you'll be able to:
• Get up-to-date schedules
• Team messaging
• Opt-in or out to game/practice availability
• And much more...
The Skill Evaluation will be held in October. More details will follow in the coming weeks.
Starting in October the League Commissioner will reach out to coaches to get them set up. After you register in the system no actions are required. Below are the following steps:
1. SBL will create the team in the system
2. SBL will add the Coach to the team
3. Coach will receive an invitation to join the team.
4. Coach click on the button in the email and follow the log in prompts.
5. Once complete with log in the Coach will be setup
6. If Coach did Coach Registration No Fee, Commissioner will add players to the team
7. If Coach did Coach + Full team, Coach will invite players to join the team